For information about COVID-19 Antigen testing scroll to the bottom of this page
Endocrinology Associates is pleased to announce that we now offer COVID-19 IgG antibody testing to both existing patients and others who want to be tested, and to employers who need their employees tested before they can return to work.
This test will determine if you had exposure (and possible immunity) to COVID-19, or were infected without symptoms.
This test will NOT confirm COVID-19 as the cause of active respiratory symptoms or fever.
- Quick evaluations performed by our physicians via video or audio (phone) encounters
- Blood draws performed in a clean and safe environment (avoid contact with other patients)
- A safer alternative to the hospital or urgent care center
- Online pre-registration through our secure patient portal
- Evaluations and testing are available the same or next day
- Quick turnaround as tests are performed in our onsite state-of-the-art lab with results available within 1-2 business days
- Tests are provided by Abbott Labs (the same used by Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp), are FDA Authorized (under the EUA) and have a 99.7% accuracy rate
- Not available for patients who are currently exhibiting symptoms indicative of an active COVID-19 infection
- Medicare, GHI, and UnitedHealthcare patients are fully covered with no copay required
- All other patients can receive both the physician consult and blood test for an all-inclusive low price of only $75 (cash, credit card, or money order accepted). We will offer documentation that can be submitted to insurance for reimbursement
- Tests are processed in house (not sent to external lab) so there is a guarantee of no additional charges (does not apply to patients who request their labs be sent to an outside lab, who may incur additional charges)
- For patients who prefer to have their test processed by Quest or LabCorp, a $50 fee for the physician consult and blood draw only will apply
What Happens Then?
- Our staff will then call you to schedule your blood draw
- For cash-pay patients, you will hold a brief phone call with one of our doctors, followed by a visit to our office (just call or text us when you arrive in the parking lot) to have your blood drawn in a clean and safe environment (we have protocols in place enabling you to avoid contact with other patients)
- For patients using insurance, you will come to our office (just call or text us when you arrive in the parking lot) to hold a brief video call with one of our doctors, followed by having your blood drawn in a clean and safe environment (we have protocols in place enabling you to avoid contact with other patients)
- Your test results will be available within 1-2 business days and can be accessed via our secure patient portal or our staff can call and/or mail you your results
Is this test for me?
This test may be useful if you:
• Have had a positive COVID-19 test and it has been at least 7 days and you are interested in knowing if you have detectable levels of IgG antibodies
• Have not experienced a fever/felt feverish in the previous 3 days
• Have not experienced new/worsening symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days, such as: loss of smell or taste; shortness of breath/difficulty breathing; feeling weak/ lethargic; lightheadedness/ dizziness; vomiting/diarrhea; slurred speech; and/or seizures
• Are not sure if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or not and simply want to know if you have been exposed and have built a possible immunity
This test may NOT be useful if:
• You’re feeling sick or have had a fever within the last 3 full days *(please contact a healthcare provider)
• It’s been less than 7 days since you’ve been tested for and were diagnosed with COVID-19
• You were directly exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
*This test does not require fasting
Covid-19 Antigen tests are performed via a nasal swab and provided by Quidel, are FDA Authorized (under the EUA) and have a 96.7% accuracy rate. This test is offered to people who require a negative test before returning to work or school, or for travel purposes *(please check with whichever authority or agency requiring you to be tested to ensure that our test meets their requirements before scheduling your test. Endocrinology Associates/Manalapan Medical Center makes no representation that our tests will meet the requirements of any outside authority or agency). We do not offer this test to people who have current symptoms or signs of an active COVID-19 infection or who were in contact with a known Covid-19 infected person in the past 2 weeks.
Medicare patients are fully covered with no copay required. All other patients can receive both the physician consult and nasal swab for an all-inclusive low price of only $100 (cash, credit card, or money order accepted). We will offer documentation that can be submitted to insurance for reimbursement.
Tests are processed in house (not sent to external lab) so there is a guarantee of no additional charges. Results (printout) will be available in 15 minutes.
*Antigen tests are only available at our Manalapan Location